The below Procedures will outline the steps needed to integrate the Owl add-on into Thunderbird to configure your Exchange Online email. This add-on allows you to bypass having to configure the incoming and outgoing server settings and authenticates by using the RCSUserID@rpi.edu and password.
Periodically, updates with the Thunderbird client has cuased problems with conneccting to Exchange Online, OWL has provided a more reliable to Exchange Online.
NOTE: OWL is only free for a 30-day trial period. After that time there is a nominal yearly cost per license.
1. Download Thunderbird by going to installation page here: Thunderbird Install
2. Download the Owl Add-on by going to their installation page here: Owl Addon Install
3. Launch Thunderbird. Click on in top right of the screen. Click on Settings.
4. Click on Add-ons and Themes.
5. Under the Extensions tab, click on the , and click Install Add-on From File...
[Add-on Manager screen in Thunderbird]
6. Select the Owl.xpi file from your Downloads folder.
7. In the Add Owl for Exchange? prompt, click Add.
[Owl Add-on permissions prompt]
8. In the Owl for Exchange Add-on, click on the button, and click Add new account manually...
9. In the Add new Exchange account section, enter:
10. Click Create Account
11. Accept Duo Push
None at this time.