My Mediasite @ Rensselaer
My Mediasite is administered by Rensselaer’s MultiMedia Services,
a division of the Chief Information Officer (MMS.CIO).
Rensselaer Staff & Faculty. Students do not need a profile in order to view Mediasite video.
What is MyMediasite?
MultiMedia Services provides the Rensselaer community with video capture and hosting services via its enterprise webcasting platform: Mediasite. Registered Rensselaer faculty and staff can leverage various features of the Mediasite system through “My Mediasite.”
“My Mediasite” is a suite of tools which allows for the creation and curation of user- generated multimedia video content.
My Mediasite will enable you to take the reins and control aspects of content capture and video streaming, which previously could only be attained through the on-site or active support of MultiMedia Services. With My Mediasite you now have the ability to:
- Create new Mediasite recordings on your own computer
- Upload videos from various sources
(e.g., mobile devices, lab video cameras, webcam, etc.).
- Edit new and existing recordings: add slides, bookmarks and descriptions.
- Compile a library of video recordings to supplement course content.
- Distribute the videos to your students through your course LMS site.
- Access viewing statistics.
Getting Access to MyMediasite
- All Rensselaer Faculty are pre-registered to utilize Mediasite.
- Rensselaer Staff must be manually registered to have access to MyMediasite. Please submit a support request, and select “Mediasite Support and Training” as the Multimedia Request category in order to request access to MyMediasite.
- At this time, Rensselaer Students are not granted access to MyMediasite except in specific cases when requested by Staff or Faculty. The Staff or Faculty in charge of the project should submit a support request, select “Mediasite Support and Training” as the Multimedia Request category; please include all student information, including the expected length of the project, in order to request access to MyMediasite.
Setting Up Your MyMediasite Profile
Before you can begin working with MyMediasite you will need to set up your profile. Please review our step-by-step instructions to do so.
Adding Video to MyMediasite
There are two options you can employ to add video to MyMediasite. You may either install a Mediasite capture application, or you may use your own methods to record video and upload it after the fact.
After you have set up your profile, if you plan to use Mediasite as your video capture application, you will need to install the appropriate capture application for your system.
Sonic Foundry provides the most up to date assistance: Installing Mediasite Capture Apps
If you prefer to record using your own capture application or other video recording, you can Upload Video Via the MyMediasite Portal.
The MyMediaste Help Guide (HTML) details all functions of the system. The guide is accessible from within the MyMediasite portal:
- Login to MyMediasite: https://mediasite.mms.rpi.edu/Mediasite5/MyMediasite
- Click “…” from the top menu
- Select Help from the drop-down choices
- Click the link for My Mediasite Guide, under “Documentation”
System Maintenance and Outage Alerts
Multimedia Services utilizes a mailing list to notify users of upcoming planned maintenance and outages, as well as emergency outages. Notifications of planned outages will also be posted to the DotCIO announcements and sent through MorningMail.
To subscribe to the mailing list, please log in to the Sympa lists interface, and request subscription to our list.
- Go to http://lists.rpi.edu.
- Select your Mailing List Domain from the choices on the left: lists.rpi.edu
- Click on the Login upper right then login with your RCS email address (email@example.com) and password.
- You can search for the mspilot list either alphabetically through the List of Lists tab or via the Search lists field.
- Click on the list name (firstname.lastname@example.org). In the left menu, select Subscribe.
The mailing list address is email@example.com. Please be sure to add it to your contact list.
Technical support is available by contacting Rensselaer's Mediasite Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses to support questions will be made within 1 business day.