This document shows the steps to add a shared mailbox account to Outlook for Windows.
1. Open Outlook
2. If you already have the mailbox setup in your own account in Outlook this needs to be removed first - if not skip to step 3.
- File - Account Settings - Account Settings
- Double click on your entry (your email)
- More Settings - OK - Advanced
- If mailbox is listed under Open these additional mailboxes, then remove
- Close Outlook and go back in
3. File - Account Settings - Account Settings
4. Highlight shared mailbox that was recently migrated and click on Remove
5. Click on New
6. Email address: enter firstname.lastname@example.org (where mailboxname is the name of the shared mailbox) and hit connect.
(Outlook email connection screen)
7. This will bring you to a microsoft login prompt seen below, Click Sign in with another account
(Microsoft Login Prompt: Sign in with another account)
8. Email: enter your RPI email address and click Next
9. Password: enter your RCS password, hit Sign in
10. at MS login - autodiscover.xml box - Click Allow
11. Duo prompt
12. at Account successfully added screen, hit Done and restart outlook
(Login Successful screen: Account added successfully)
13. File - Account Settings - Account Settings
14. Double Click on the Shared Mailbox
15. Make sure Cached Exchange mode is checked and slide to All
16. Click Next
17. Click Done and restart Outlook
Multiple email accounts for shared mailboxes: you need to do these steps for each mailbox
Note: If you do not want to receive email notifications and/or want to receive email notifications for your own email but not shared mailboxes please go to this link:
If you need assistance please submit a Support Request
None at this time.
Last Reviewed: 19-July-2022